Posts for: April, 2019
It is important to have a primary care physician for several reasons. Primary care physicians conduct routine medical checkups, monitor your health, diagnose and treat certain illnesses and conditions, and make referrals to specialists when needed. In general, a primary care physician can help you maintain better health. Biggers Family Medicine, Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers are your primary care physicians in Brandon, FL.
Primary care physicians are family doctors who provide a wide range of medical and health services for children, teens, and adults. Primary care physicians provide routine care, such as physical exams and annual checkups, as well as preventative care, such as immunizations. They also treat acute conditions, such as illness and minor injuries. Additionally, primary care physicians can help patients manage chronic conditions, such as arthritis and diabetes, and refer patients to specialists for further diagnosis and treatment when needed.
The Brandon primary care physicians at Biggers Family Medicine provide a wide range of medical and health services. Some of the services offered include:
- Annual checkups
- Women’s health care
- Mental health care
- Health screenings
- Treatment of chronic conditions
- Treatment of acute conditions
Importance of Regular Checkups
An important aspect of seeing a primary care physician on a regular basis is that a medical history will be established that can be used to monitor your overall health. Annual checkups with a primary care physician allow the doctor to better monitor your health and identify potential concerns, such as changes in blood pressure, cholesterol, or weight. If there are any potential concerns, the primary care physician can help you remedy those or refer you to a specialist if appropriate. In general, a primary care physician can help you maintain better health.
It is important to have a primary care physician who is familiar with your medical history and can help you maintain good health. For a primary care physician in Brandon, contact Biggers Family Medicine at (813) 655-4646 to schedule an appointment with Drs. Joel or Elizabeth Biggers.
Do you remember the last time you had a physical? If you only visit the doctor when you're sick or injured, you may be neglecting your health. Luckily, osteopathic wellcare offered by Drs. Joel and Elizabeth Biggers of Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL, can help you maintain your good health and even prevent common illnesses and conditions.
What is osteopathic wellcare?
Osteopathic wellcare is offered by doctors of osteopathic medicine. If your doctor has attended an osteopathic medical school, he or she will use the initials "D.O." after his name.
Just like medical doctors (M.D.s), D.O. treat a variety of illnesses and injuries, but focus on the whole person, not just a specific body part or symptom. They may also use hands-on osteopathic manipulative treatment to diagnose and treat ailments and promote self-healing.
Wellcare focuses on preventing illnesses and diseases before they can significantly impact your life. Like most things in life, it's often easier and less expensive to prevent a problem than correct or treat it.
During wellcare visits, your Brandon doctor will consider all of the factors that affect your physical and mental health, including family, career, and environment.
How can you benefit from osteopathic wellcare?
Osteopathic wellcare visits can:
- Identify Potential Health Issues: Diabetes, high blood pressure, and other diseases may not produce any symptoms during the early stages. Screenings performed during wellcare visits help your doctor diagnose these diseases and ensure that you receive appropriate treatment.
- Make Managing Chronic Conditions Easier: Wellcare is essential if you have a chronic disease or condition. Although medication may be needed, your D.O. will also consider other approaches to control your disease or symptoms.
- Reduce Stress: Stress can affect your body and plays a role in many health conditions ranging from asthma to heart disease to gastrointestinal problems. Your doctor can offer recommendations that will help you decrease your stress level.
- Help You Develop a Partnership with Your Doctor: You're much more likely to follow recommendations and make changes to your health if you're an active participant in your care.
Would you like to improve your health with osteopathic wellcare? Call Drs. Joel and Elizabeth Biggers of Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL, at (813) 655-4646 to schedule an appointment.