Could osteopathic manipulation help you feel better?
More and more people are turning to osteopathic manipulation and care to improve their health, lifestyle, and wellbeing. Osteopathic treatment provides a therapeutic, hands-on approach to care that is safe and effective for all ages. By utilizing various osteopathic manipulative techniques, we can improve the functionality and mobility of your body as a whole. Here are some of the benefits of turning to our Brandon, FL, family medicine doctors Drs. Joel and Elizabeth Biggers for osteopathic manipulation therapy (OMT).
What is osteopathic medicine?
Instead of just treating pain or swelling in one part of the body, osteopathic medicine focuses on treating the person as a whole rather than just the symptoms. We provide treatments that are drug-free and non-invasive to help alleviate musculoskeletal pain.
We first identify the root cause of your pain, swelling, and other physical impairments. Osteopathic medicine is designed to target muscles, tendons, joints, connective tissue, and ligaments through various techniques including,
- Myofascial release
- Active release techniques
- Cranial-sacral manipulation
- Lymphatic pump
- Dry needling
What are the benefits of osteopathic medicine?
There are many advantages to turning to our Brandon, FL, family medicine team for osteopathic care. OMT can treat a wide range of conditions including,
- Chronic back, knee, shoulder, and neck pain
- Sinus problems
- Headaches and migraines
- Digestive issues
- Poor motor control and coordination issues
- Menstrual pain
- Kidney disease
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative joint disease
- Sleep disorders
The benefits of getting regular osteopathic medicine include,
- A safe, natural, and drug-free way to alleviate chronic pain
- Can reduce the number and severity of your headaches and migraines
- Can improve sleep quality
- Can break up scar tissue
- Can boost the body’s natural healing mechanisms
- May speed up recovery after injury
- May improve respiratory function
- It can be used on patients of all ages
- There are no side effects to treatment
- It may provide relief when other methods haven’t
If you are interested in a family medicine practice that also provides osteopathic care, then turn to the team at Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL. To schedule your first osteopathic appointment, call us at (813) 655-4646.