If you want to change your Medicare coverage now is the time.
Every year from October 15th until December 7th, Medicare has its Annual Fall Open Enrollment. This open enrollment only happens once a year and it allows everyone a chance to change, enroll or even disenroll from their Medicare Advantage or Part D plan. Our Brandon, FL, primary care physicians Drs. Joel & Elizabeth Biggers offer up this friendly reminder that the time to change your Medicare plan is now. Don’t deal with Medicare coverage that doesn’t offer what you need.
Here are some things you should know about Medicare’s Annual Fall Open Enrollment,
- It might sound obvious but if you are satisfied with your current plan then you don’t have to do anything during this time; however, because plans can change each year you may want to take some time to look over your current plan and other Medicare plans to ensure that any care and medication you receive from our Brandon, FL, doctors will still be covered in the upcoming year.
- If you’re interested in enrolling in a Medicare Advantage plan this is the only time in which to do it. Along with enrolling yourself in a plan, you can also switch to another plan that can include prescription drug coverage.
- If you are someone who doesn’t need to take regular medication then the Advantage plan that doesn’t offer drug coverage may be better suited to your needs. The reverse is true for those who take long-term prescription medications. The Fall Open Enrollment is the only time that you can pick a new Advantage Part D plan, or prescription drug plan.
- If you want to sign up for Medicare, October 15th through December 7th is the only time to do this. Annual Fall Enrollment Period and Open Enrollment Period (which occurs January 1st through March 31st) should not be confused. The Open Enrollment Period only allows pre-existing Medicare Advantage Members to make a one-time change.
- You can enroll in a new plan simply by calling 1-800-MEDICARE. Working with Medicare directly will ensure that you get the coverage and plan you want. Make sure to write down the date and name of the representative that helped you. Confirm all the details of your new plan with Medicare to make sure you understand the plan fully before enrolling.
Here at Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL, your health comes first. We want healthcare to be affordable for everyone. Whether you have questions about your Medicare coverage or you need to schedule an appointment, don’t hesitate to call us.