Posts for tag: Primary Care Physician
When you or your child are dealing with a rash, fever, or flu-like symptoms, who are you going to turn to? If you don’t have a primary care doctor, then you may not know exactly where to turn. Choosing a family doctor is incredibly important, and is something every person should have. After all, our Brandon, FL, doctors, Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers, can provide you with preventive care, a variety of treatment options for both acute and chronic conditions, and provide diagnostic testing and services to meet all of your health needs.
We Grow with You
Our Brandon, FL, physicians care for your whole family, from toddlers to seniors. We have worked with some of our patients for decades. This is typical of most family doctors. Since we can diagnose and treat a wide range of symptoms and conditions, most people can benefit from turning to us for traditional medical treatment and care. We build strong rapport and lasting relationships with our patients.
We know your personal and medical histories, which means that we can easily tailor treatments to meet your needs and also provide preventive care and screenings based on your specific and unique risk factors.
We Offer a Variety of Services
Most people don’t realize just how much family doctors can do for their health and the health of their family. Some of the medical services we offer include:
- Immunizations: We provide a full range of immunizations for children and adults, including influenza and shingles vaccines
- Annual visits and preventive care: Everything from your child’s sports physicals to your annual checkup can be performed right here in our office
- Acute and chronic care: From sore throats and broken bones to asthma management, our medical team can provide you with the treatment you need to get acute and chronic injuries, diseases, and disorders under control
We also offer in-house lab and X-ray services. We provide same-day testing for rapid strep and rapid flu testing, glucose testing, and more. We perform imaging and radiology services without contrast to diagnose fractures, dislocations, and other musculoskeletal injuries.
Avoid that trip to urgent care and turn to a team of doctors here in Brandon, FL, that can provide you and your family with the quality, custom medical care you need for a healthy life. To schedule an appointment, simply call Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers of Biggers Family Medicine at (813) 655-4646.
"A primary care physician is a specialist in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Pediatrics who provides definitive care to the undifferentiated patient at the point of first contact, and takes continuing responsibility for providing the patient's comprehensive care," says the American Academy of Family Physicians. Here at Biggers Family Medicine, in Brandon, FL, our primary care physicians, Drs. Joel and Elizabeth Biggers, provide a number of services to boost the health of their patients—read on to learn more.
Here is a few service your primary care physician can provide:
- Treating Acute Diseases: Acute diseases, like influenza virus and the common cold, come on suddenly and go away in a day or two. When symptoms affect babies, children, and those with weak immune systems, you need to consult your doctor. Symptoms of acute diseases include nasal congestion, runny nose, cough, chills, fever, body aches, sore throat, malaise, and nausea.
- Treating Chronic Diseases: Chronic diseases last a minimum of three months and can't be prevented by vaccinations. Chronic diseases appear as we age but younger people can get sick as well. Examples of chronic diseases include arthritis, cardiovascular disease, cancer, diabetes, epilepsy/seizures, obesity, and oral health problems.
- Preventative Care: Preventive family medicine maintains a person's health and protects against disease, disability or death. The only way to do this is when patients come in for routine visits. This includes going to your Brandon primary care physician for your child's wellness visits, stay updated on immunizations, routine blood work, blood pressure check, annual pap smears and advice on preventive lifestyle changes.
- Women's Health Care: This type of service focuses on women's needs, like reproductive and sexual health. Women have a higher risk of contracting/developing chronic health issues, like migraines, arthritis, or depression. Women's health care consists of family medical services and screenings, like mammography, hormone therapy, pregnancy and childbirth, reproductive disorders (e.g. polycystic ovarian syndrome), osteoporosis, heart disease, bladder health, gynecological checkups, and immunizations.
If you would like to learn more about what Biggers Family Medicine can offer, be sure to call our office in Brandon, FL, today by dialing (813) 655-4646.
It is important to have a primary care physician for several reasons. Primary care physicians conduct routine medical checkups, monitor your health, diagnose and treat certain illnesses and conditions, and make referrals to specialists when needed. In general, a primary care physician can help you maintain better health. Biggers Family Medicine, Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers are your primary care physicians in Brandon, FL.
Primary care physicians are family doctors who provide a wide range of medical and health services for children, teens, and adults. Primary care physicians provide routine care, such as physical exams and annual checkups, as well as preventative care, such as immunizations. They also treat acute conditions, such as illness and minor injuries. Additionally, primary care physicians can help patients manage chronic conditions, such as arthritis and diabetes, and refer patients to specialists for further diagnosis and treatment when needed.
The Brandon primary care physicians at Biggers Family Medicine provide a wide range of medical and health services. Some of the services offered include:
- Annual checkups
- Women’s health care
- Mental health care
- Health screenings
- Treatment of chronic conditions
- Treatment of acute conditions
Importance of Regular Checkups
An important aspect of seeing a primary care physician on a regular basis is that a medical history will be established that can be used to monitor your overall health. Annual checkups with a primary care physician allow the doctor to better monitor your health and identify potential concerns, such as changes in blood pressure, cholesterol, or weight. If there are any potential concerns, the primary care physician can help you remedy those or refer you to a specialist if appropriate. In general, a primary care physician can help you maintain better health.
It is important to have a primary care physician who is familiar with your medical history and can help you maintain good health. For a primary care physician in Brandon, contact Biggers Family Medicine at (813) 655-4646 to schedule an appointment with Drs. Joel or Elizabeth Biggers.
Many people wait until they are experiencing symptoms or suffer an accident to go to the doctor, but regular checkups and preventive care with a primary care physician are an important part of a comprehensive healthcare routine. In addition to helping you to manage common chronic conditions like diabetes and high blood pressure, a primary care physician is familiar with your medical history and can help you successfully navigate your options when you need treatment for an illness or health emergency. Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers offer primary and preventive care in Brandon, FL.
Preventive and Primary Medical Care in Brandon, FL
Many chronic health conditions are progressive and become much worse over time when left untreated or unmanaged. Regular check-ups with a primary care physician can help you take control of and be proactive about your health. A primary care physician offers preventive care and can recommend lifestyle adjustments to improve and maintain your health, and diagnose conditions in the early stages, before they have a chance to progress and jeopardize your health and quality of life.
Services Provided by a Primary Care Physician
Primary care physicians are general doctors that diagnose acute and chronic injuries and illnesses, as well as preventive care. Some of the many services offered by a primary care physician include:
- Non-life threatening allergic reactions (seek immediate emergency treatment for signs of shock, chest pains or difficulty)
- Sprains and fractures
- Cold and flu
- Urinary tract infection
- Physicals and annual check-ups
- Preventive care/monitor blood pressure and cholesterol
- Treat infections
- Cuts and scrapes
- Skin biopsies
- Family medicine
Find a Primary Care Physician in Brandon, FL
To learn more about primary and preventive care, contact Biggers Family Medicine by calling (813) 655-4646 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Joel or Dr. Elizabeth Biggers today.
Find out how a primary care physician can help you in Brandon, FL.
We can all agree that the last thing we want to do is deal with illness, especially one that could easily be prevented. Preventive healthcare is the name of the game when it comes to visiting our Brandon, FL, doctors Drs. Joel and Elizabeth Biggers. Here at Biggers Family Medicine we believe that preventing illness is the best thing you can do for your health, and here’s how a primary care physician can help.
As you may already know, visiting your family doctor for routine checkups could safeguard your health and protect you from a variety of injuries and potentially serious health problems. From physical exams to immunizations and preventive testing, we can help you create a healthier lifestyle through these simple measures. By coming in once a year for a routine checkup we can often discover issues early on when they can be cured or are at least much easier to treat. Ignoring symptoms is the worst thing you can do for your help.
No matter whether you want to protect yourself against the flu this winter season or you at risk for diabetes because of a family history of this chronic disorder, we are here to provide the preventive care necessary. For example, many health problems such as diabetes can be prevented with the proper diet and lifestyle changes. If you aren’t sure about nutrition or dietary changes you need to make, we can sit down with you and map out a dietary plan that will work best for you. We can also recommend different exercise plans and other simple lifestyle modifications you can follow day in and day out to keep yourself healthy.
Of course, if you’ve been diagnosed with a chronic health problem such as diabetes or heart disease, you will also need a doctor in Brandon, FL, who will help you manage your symptoms and prevent complications. Our goal as your doctor is to reduce symptoms and improve your health and quality of life through a variety of treatment options, and we will work with you to come up with the customized treatment plan that is effective for you.
Plus, when a health problem arises you want to know that you have a doctor that knows you and your health inside and out. That’s why having a primary care physician is crucial. This doctor will be working with you for years to provide you with honest, quality medical care that you can believe in whenever you walk through the door and that’s always a comfort.
Biggers Family Medicine is proud to offer comprehensive medical services to the Brandon, FL, area. Call us today to schedule your next appointment with us. We can wait to meet you!