Leading in Big Ways Towards Quality Healthcare in Brandon, FL
Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers founded and closely follow all patients entering their primary care practice, ensuring patients receive quality healthcare at Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL.
Our two esteemed doctors and their skilled staff devote significant time to their mission of everyone receiving the highest quality healthcare possible in Brandon, FL, and surrounding areas. Our doctors want to ensure that everyone knows the essentials of having a primary care physician.
The Importance of a Primary Care Doctor
The Biggers Family Medicine, Brandon, FL, is known as a primary care physician. We have an extensive venue of services and are the leaders in patient healthcare. We direct, monitor, oversee, and refer your care to specialty doctors as needed.
If you should need a specialty doctor, most require your primary to send a referral to them. A specialty doctor treats a specific part of the body only. Additionally, these specialty doctors are not primary doctors, and their expertise lies in one field of medicine only.
The primary care doctor is much like the inner part of a big wheel. The spokes from this inner part are the specialty doctors working with your primary to achieve the highest quality healthcare possible.
You do not have to have a primary care physician. However, some insurance companies require you to have a primary doctor. Research shows that you will likely receive higher-quality care if you appoint a primary physician.
Your primary doctor is responsible for the following.
- Provide physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual care for life
- Oversee comprehensive care, prevention, treatment, rehabilitation, and palliative care
- Give inclusive and cost-effective health coverage
- Screen all health-related conditions
- Works with referrals to specialty doctors, therapists, and Hospitalists, reports back and forth on your situation, progress, and treatment
- Respond to and treat health crisis
- Manage chronic conditions like kidney or heart failure, asthma, diabetes
- Orders screenings and tests
- Manage Chronic Conditions
- Orders/monitors medication effectiveness/side effects
- Manage Acute Medical Crisis
- Treats STDs
- Monitors depression signs
- Monitors home situations
- Treats acute illnesses and injuries
- Oversees wound care and infections
- Oversees diet therapies
- Connects you to valuable resources
Need a Primary Care Physician?
Please call Dr. Joel or Dr. Elizabeth at Biggers at (813) 655-4646 at Biggers Family Medicine and appoint one of their fantastic doctors as your leading primary doctor. Please request a new patient consultation appointment and meet our doctors and staff. We are devoted to the highest-quality care in Brandon, FL, and surrounding areas.