How Your Primary Care Physician Can Help with Preventative Care
Preventative care is an important part of what a primary care doctor does. Preventative care is also important for you because it can help you avoid illnesses and chronic diseases. Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers at Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL, provide a wide range of preventative care services, to help you stay healthy.
What You Need To Know About Preventative Care
You may be wondering what preventative care is. It’s routine care, including annual physicals and wellness examinations, immunizations, routine testing for high blood pressure and cholesterol, and much more. Let’s look at just a few of the preventative care services and how they can help you:
- Routine physicals, including a complete physical examination, to identify potential medical problems
- Blood pressure checks, to identify high blood pressure, a major cause of stroke and heart damage
- Ordering laboratory testing, to identify high cholesterol and high blood sugar, major causes of heart disease and diabetes
- Ordering imaging studies, to identify bone and joint disorders like arthritis and osteoporosis
Preventative care services identify potentially serious medical issues early when they are more easily treated. When a medical issue is identified, your primary care doctor may recommend:
- Medication to lower blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Dietary modifications to increase nutrient intake, and help with weight management
- Exercise modifications to increase fitness level, lose weight, increase flexibility, and increase strength
One of the most important preventative care services your primary care doctor can provide is administering vaccinations, to help protect you against serious diseases and illnesses. Routine vaccinations can protect you from flu, pneumonia, RSV, shingles, and COVID.
Want To Know More?
You deserve to live a healthy, long life, and preventative care services from your primary care doctor can help. To learn more about how preventative care from your primary care doctor can help you stay healthy, call Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers of Biggers Family Medicine in Brandon, FL, at (813) 655-4646. Call today.