Posts for tag: School Physical
Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers of Biggers Family Medicine provide family medicine in Brandon, FL. They can help when your child's physical is due. In addition, these experts will do what they can to spot potential concerns and provide focused and consistent care. Here's what you need to know about this type of appointment and how it can help you.
The Importance of Physicals
School physicals help parents and children by spotting health issues that may affect their life. These physicals provide a head-to-toe examination of their health, looking for a myriad of health concerns. During a physical, you can also work with your doctor to:
- Review your child's immunizations to ensure that they are up to date
- Learn more about proper health protection for sports and more
- Discuss injury prevention for children who participate in any sports
- Check for short- and long-term health issues that may linger from previous physicals
- Ensure your child is prepared for the challenges of the year ahead
Your family medicine doctors in Brandon, FL, can provide you with a physical. Before scheduling an appointment, make sure to prepare yourself and your child to make this experience more comfortable.
Improve Your Child's Physical Appointment
When scheduling your child's physical, it is vital to take steps to make it smooth and streamlined. These steps help to improve your chances of spotting common concerns. They also make it easier to enhance your child's overall health. Make sure you ask your child about:
- Pain, fatigue, or dizziness that may have happened during the summer
- Digestive problems, such as indigestion when eating certain foods
- Troubles with learning or behavior when in school
- Eating habits, such as what kinds of foods they do not like
- Sleep-related problems, such as insomnia or too much sleep
- Emotional concerns, such as depression or anxiety
These simple questions help direct a family doctor through the physical. They'll focus on things that may be affecting your child and find care methods that work for their needs. In this way, they can provide the hands-on care needed to protect your child's overall health.
Schedule an Appointment With Us
If your child needs a physical before they start school, please call us at Biggers Family Medicine to learn more. Dr. Joel Biggers and Dr. Elizabeth Biggers focus on family medicine in Brandon, FL, and work hard to provide excellent care. Call us at (813) 655-4646 to set up an appointment or learn more about your physical.